Meet Our Team
Adoption of evidence-based clinical practices requires a multi-faceted, coordinated and systematic approach. It includes computerized practitioner order entry, an effective error reporting system, formal training in improvement methods, and a dedicated group of professionals working with practitioners throughout our hospitals reaching for the same goals.
- Palmetto Health Board of Directors/Quality and Patient Safety Committee: responsible for ensuring quality health care and holding management and medical staff accountable for implementing an effective process
- Chief Executive Officer: sets system goals for quality
- Chief Medical Officer: ensures strategic implementation of system goals
- Vice President for Clinical Quality and Patient Safety: oversees system-wide quality initiatives
- Quality Steering Committee: guides and coordinates implementation; includes senior and staff leaders; community representation
- Chief Operating Officers, Chief Nursing Officers, Vice President Medical Affairs, MDs, RNs and campus Quality directors and other staff: implement quality improvement plans and assure compliance
- Clinical quality improvement teams, team leaders and Performance Improvement Project Managers: assist in facilitation of multidisciplinary teams of physicians, managers, nursing staff, and other professionals in focused, time-limited process improvements as identified by senior leadership and the Palmetto Health Board of Directors
All members of Palmetto Health have a role and responsibility in quality.